Can business write off donations – They are human persons who have particular difficulties in fully exercising their rights because they are in a situation of vulnerability due to their age, gender, physical or mental state, or due to social, economic, ethnic or cultural circumstances.
Non-profit legal persons whose corporate purpose includes activities aimed at human beings who are hyper vulnerable consumers are also included.
What are adhesion contracts?
They are contracts made by companies that sell products or offer services. They are drawn up on pre-printed forms.
As they are made by the companies that sell or offer their services, the consumer has no chance to discuss the parts of the contract and can only sign or not sign it.
That is why they are called adhesion contracts. Like any contract, adhesion contracts regulate the rights and obligations of the parties that sign them.
Do I have any possibility of knowing the adhesion contract before the moment in which I have to decide if I sign it or not?
Yes. The law requires companies that make this type of contract to:
- Post them on your website.
- Give a model contract to each consumer who requests it. Consumers do not have to pay anything to receive a model. The agreements must be available on commercial premises.
- Display a sign on your business premises saying: “A copy of the contract model that the company proposes to sign at the time of contracting is at your disposal.”
The publication of adhesion contracts on the website must be complete, precise and discriminated by each modality, plan, product or service. The information cannot refer to other documents or Internet sites.
What information can I request before buying a product or service?
You have the right to be knowledgeable by the seller about:
- The characteristics and quality details of the product, in a clear and accessible way.
- If the product is dangerous to health.
- How the service will be provided.
- The price and payment methods.
- If the product you buy or the service you are going to contract requires signing a contract, they must show you the agreement.
- Information should always be free. It must delivered on the provider’s support unless you prefer physical support: paper. If how the information will provided has not been determined, it mustbe delivered electronically.
Can business write off donations What is the guarantee?
It a certificate written in the national language that they must give you every time you buy things that not consumed, such as televisions, mattresses, telephones, etc. This guarantee covers 6 months for new items and 3 months for used items.
What does the guarantee include?
- Product repair by technical service.
- Freight cost if the product has to moved to fixed.
What happens if I am not content with the repair of the product under guarantee?
In that case, you can choose between the following options:
- Have the product exchanged for an identical one.
- Get your money back.
- They give you a discount on the price.
Can I cancel a service online?
Yes. The regulation obliges certain service provider companies to have a link on their web pages so that you can request the cancellation of the contracted service. The link must visible the first time the page accessed, be quickly and directly accessible, and occupy a prominent place where you can easily see it.
Does the consumer defence law apply to public services?
Yes. The law also protects you against companies that provide residential, public services such as gas, electricity, telephone, etc. When you make a claim for service failures, companies have an obligation to register your claim by any means available: note, telephone, fax, email, etc.
What happens when a public service is interrupted because of the provider company?
You have the correct to request that the price of the service not provided returned to you or deducted from the next invoice. You can claim a refund of the cost from the moment the service cut and up to 15 days afterwards the expiration of the invoice.